Voluteer Ottawa: Case study
Osamu Wakabayashi at Zen Ideas will share his recent WordPress volunteer management project at Volunteer Ottawa (https://volunteerottawa.ca).
Building the Volunteer Ottawa site was a complicated project as he had to meet the following requirements:
• Membership management with over 6,500 users
• Creating custom post types such as volunteer opportunities, events, etc
• 66 meta fields
• Developing member organizations directory
• Developing filters for a better search experience
• Developing frontend forms for posting volunteer opportunities, application forms, and community calendar submissions.
• Selling workshops with WooCommerce.
• Bilingual site
• and more
Osamu used Crocoblock plugins to develop advanced dynamic content integrating with MemberPress, WooCommerce and other plugins. He and his team were nervous about the huge amount of content and database. Yet, the site performance was graded “A” when tested on GTmetrix.
If you’re creating a membership website, with volunteer management, job board management or event management, this case study talk may be informative.
This is an online event, meeting link and details will be posted the week of the meetup. RSVP required to see link details.
Please note our online events may be recorded. Attending the event will be taken as consent to be recorded.